Why use ThermoPlus® ?
A recent study in the Netherlands has estimated that three weeks exposure to heat stress per annum would cost approximately €270 per cow (Feenstra, 2017). Managing heat stress is therefore a real economic issue for the ruminant sector.
Heat stress impacts not only the welfare of livestock but also affects feed consumption and feed efficiency. Growth performance, livestock health, milk and meat quality are impaired.
How it works
To support ruminants during hot and humid season, the CCPA Group has developed ThermoPlus.
ThermoPlus acts on the consequences of heat stress. It strengthens the natural systems involved in heat dissipation, corrects electrolyte balance and stimulates ingestion.
ThermoPlus thus ensures animal comfort and welfare and therefore optimises milk production and growth performance.
Proven efficacy in dairy cows
Improvement in dairy production (litres of milk)
Proven efficacy in beef cattle
Improvement in growth (ADG in g/d)
Did you know?
As of 25°C and 60% humidity, cows begin to suffer from significant stress that manifests itself in:
- A drop in dairy production and fat content: 2 to 4 L of milk per cow and 2 to 4 g/L less fat content
- A decrease in ingestion: -5 to -30%
- Signs of acidosis, lameness, mastitis
- A drop in fertility rates
The THI (Temperature Humidity Index) represents an indicator of the temperature and humidity levels. Above 71, performance decreases.
Composition and instructions
- Spices (including chilli and fenugreek)
- Electrolytes (Na+, K+)
- Green tea
- Buffer (bicarbonate)
- Feed incorporation
- Or use directly in the Total Mix Ration (TMR)
- Start 15 days before the assumed periods of high temperatures, then continuously during hot periods